Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Butter Cake & Farewell K2!


Looks like I'm going to K3 sooner than expected. Aunty Su Wen told Mom that my teachers are happy with my progress so I will join other kids my age in K3 immediately after Chinese New Year. Tomorrow will be my last day in K2 so Mom said I should bake a cake to share with my friends.



Creaming the butter icing is
hard work.











Topping my favourite 'Orange Butter Cake' with a steam engine and 'Bye K2' in the puff of smoke from the funnel.






In case you are interested, here's my simplified recipe:



Orange Butter Cake

8oz butter
6.5oz self raising flour
6oz fine sugar
4 medium eggs
1 orange (juice & grated peel)


How?
1. Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Stir in sieved flour, orange juice and peel.
4. Bake at 200°C for 40mins.

(Makes 8" x 8" square cake, like in the photo)

Tell me if u tried and if it turns out well. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

The Hinge said...

Well done Linus!
And well done Linus' Mom!

Jayden Kye-Ren said...

Buddy,
Your recipe is great!!! My mom helped me with the cake and we put smarties on the pink icing. Wanted to send you a picture of the cake but the camera died on us while we tried to take a picture. My aunts couldnt resist my cake and they have eaten half of it already. So I will try to take a picture of it when I make the cake again soon... Mom said we ran out of ingredients.